January 18, 2021

Today I did the last tasks needed to complete work on your instrument.  I cut the pads for the buff stop and glued the pads to the buff stop rail.  I also installed the brash latches that hold the jackrail in place.  


I’ve been applying additional coats of wipe-on varnish to the music desk parks, and now it is ready to go.


I’ve been playing scales and arpeggios up and and down the keyboard every day, making sure that I give all of the plectra equal time.  When I do this, I try to be hyper-sensitive to any variations in touch and regulation—and I make the necessity (and very tiny) adjustments to try to get the voicing and regulation as perfect as possible.